Since Roni died, I've found myself lacking in the artistic mojo department - I'd like nothing better than to sit and art journal or something, but it's just not happening. I've crocheted a bit and have updated my Etsy (with only about a quarter of my stuff, but, hey, progress), but, every time I've tried to do something creative, I've floundered. Big time.
This seemed like the perfect time to do some Gelli prints!
I'm doing this out of order, but that's okay. ;) I dug through my pile of cast-off prints and found these three:
They are not pretty prints. They're mostly ghost prints and cleaning of the brayer or the stencils, but I figured it would be a good challenge to make them into something that I might actually use.
Several pulls, adjustments, and layers later, I have these:
Holy cow so much better!! I absolutely love the one in the middle with the leaves, although I generally like the whole "cover most of it with paint" thing, so that's not much of a surprise.
After two days of pulling print after print after print, I feel a little more like my mojo is starting to come back, which is a relief. I'm feeling a little artistically constipated.
Have some Gelli Print eye candy!
With every print I pulled, I cleaned off my brayer on a page in my art journal, and I am absolutely IN LOVE with how it looked by the end of it.
SO MUCH YUM.
Now I need to decide what to do with this enormous stack of prints..