Sunday, March 23, 2014

Stuff.

MAN.  Life is crazy.  I have exciting news to share, but I can't share it yet.  Suffice to say, IT IS EXCITING!  SO EXCITING!  OMG!

While waiting for the time when I can talk about this exciting news, I have been making journals with some of my 50 Canvases pieces:


I have two more in the works and about four more on the back burner.  They have all sorts of different pages, including pages from comic books, music sheets, nursery rhymes, Shakespeare, etc.  They are bound with coptic stitch, so they open flat and have little half pages like the one I use for my Chronicles project.  I reallllly love binding books.  Even when yanking the super long string around makes me dump my tea on my laptop.  Whoops!  It survived, though, so yay. 

I found this picture on Facebook with no information about the creator or design, and I love the pattern but can't actually find it anywhere, so if anyone has ANY information about it, I'm all ears.  I can probably figure out how to do it, but I'm lazy.


It looks like a Chevron afghan with spike stitches every two rows.. until that top row where it looks like there are more than two rows.. so confusing.  I love it though.  

Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

  1. Did I tell you? I discovered your You Tube page and have been LOVING it!! You are SUCH a beautiful talent and your vids are amazing. Congrats on your exciting news - I hope we get to hear about it! Lovely work here - you are quite an inspiration! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yay! that makes me SO happy! I'm so glad you like them!!

      I am chomping at the bit to talk about _______. As soon as they announce it, I can announce it! *shifty-eyes* SOON!

      Delete
  2. Intrigueeeeeed! Will be watching with interest! I love your book binding - no help at all with the knitting ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahah no worries - I actually found it, I think. Which is good cause it has been driving me bananas!!!!

      and thank you! I can't believe how much I love book binding. It's so weird and finicky!

      Delete
  3. cant tell us the news yet?!?! man yore killin me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geesh Sarah! When are you gonna tell us?!!!! heehee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah, I just love all your work, such a unique and creative style you have. These canvases are simply fantastic.
    :) Chris / CS Designs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, now I'm following you on bloglovin! And I'm bloglovin it!

    (And the advantage of being late to this party is that I KNOW WHAT THE NEWS IS! And it's not even taunting anyone to say so!)

    ReplyDelete

All opinions happily accepted and absorbed by the soulsponge I keep in the garage.